Blueberries and lemon muffins
Number of servings: 12
Serving size: 1 muffin
- 40 g All-bran buds
- ½ cup (125 ml) hot water
- 220 g of wheat starch (about 1 ¾ cups or 425 mL)
- 20 g cake flour
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) original coarse unflavored Metamucil
- 50 g Jello instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sodium bicarbonate
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup (125 ml) melted butter
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) compote unsweetened apple
- 6 Tbsp (90 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the All-Bran buds and hot water. Set aside until the cereals absorb all the water.
- In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the blueberries.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (except vinegar). Add the cereal mix. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir only to moisten dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Add vinegar. Mix gently. You'll hear the bubbles! This is to help give volume to the final product. The muffin will not taste like vinegar!
- Spoon into 12 muffin cups coated with a paper mold. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
Freezes well. Simply thaw at room temperature or in the microwave oven for 30-45 seconds.